InterFM FIVE STARS Thursday #03

OP talk:
Ai-Chan: Good evening! Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai here!
“Aiming for the shining stars, five groups, from Monday to Friday, presenting one daily, FIVE STARS!
On Thursdays, it will be presented by me, Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai!”
So, it’s already later half of April, but, the other day, there was Yoshizawa-san’s Birthday live. It was really cute. Like, at the end, as a surprise guest, Ishikawa Rika-san appeared on stage. The two of them are on a group called HANGRY & ANGRY, so, it seems like they are together a lot. But, this Ishikawa Rika-san is always by her side, making this surprise and bringing a cake made yoshizawa-san felt really moved. There were tears from her eyes. It’s rare to see Yoshizawa-san’s tears like that. It felt like “Ah, Yoshizawa-san is crying”. So, even the members were crying loud. Then, at the end, on the encore, we were moved to tears again when she sang to us, because the song was the one she sang alone at her graduation live, so there were memories of that, as well as I was hooked by her tears too…
Then, she talked about the realization of this birthday live that she always wanted to do, “I’m blessed for this”, about the support that she’s receiving, and “I’ll treasure this meeting”. Like, the title, too, was “arigatou”, these feelings of gratitude were so great, that they reached the members, and even me. “Ah, she’s such a good person” I thought *laughs. Like, together with the members, we were having fun taking the role of fans. *laughs
“Waaa!” “Yossy!”, we were screaming, although I don’t normally call her Yossy. *laughs
Hai, it got so lively. It was a really fun and lovely concert.
Hai, presenting takahashi Ai’s Five Stars always like this. Please listen to tonight’s first song, onna ga medatte naze ikenai’s coupling song: Morning Musume in Nakidasu kamo shirenai yo

--------------------------------------

◆ Morning Musume - Nakidasu kamo shirenai yo

--------------------------------------

FIVE STARS Thursdays, presented by Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai. On this program I want to talk about nothing but things I like. Today, I’m thinking of talking about Christina Aguilera.
But first, please listen to this song, Christina Aguilera in Genie in a Bottle.

--------------------------------------

◆ Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle

--------------------------------------

About Christina Aguilera:
Ai-chan: To say this artist’s appeal with one word, it would have to be “Diva”. She’s really talented. There are many fake (I guess she means like people that copy her), and are a lot of jokes about her, but, I started liking her after listening to this song, and did things like imitating her, thinking “Ah, it must feel really good to be able to sing like this” while listening to her. I got to know her on that Beverly Hills seishunhakusho or koukouhakusho?(some TV program) I don’t remember, but, when I was on second year of middle school, she was a guest on it, and performed this song, and I thought “Ah, This song is good”. This was because of her style, like, I liked a lot the way she sang. From that time on I got into her. I looked for the CD with this song a lot, but didn’t find anywhere, then, on Grammy Award album of 2000, it was on it, then I bought it and there was Britney Spears on it too, so I felt like “Yatta”!
I really wanted to sing this song, but at that time, when I was still on second year, my English was really bad, well, I’m still bad at it now, *laughs, so, first I copied the pronunciation of the words I didn’t know on my note, then I sang to myself in katakana as much as I could remember. Well, I did this at home *laughs. This was how strong the feeling of “I want to sing this song” was. This brings back memories. But, to say why did I start to like her… why could it be…
Maybe the ‘gap’? Like, her face was so young looking at that time. At the time I bought her first album, she was so thin. The jacket had an “idol” feeling to it. Even though she was that thin, how can she have a deep voice like this, I wondered. From that time on I was captivated by her, like, not only by this “Genie in a bottle”, there were many other cool songs too. So, I gradually got more into her, then, when I was all “The second album is out!” and bought it, she changed so much! *laughs like “She turned into this kind of character!”. Probably she wanted to get free from the idol image, right? Maybe she said something like this on an interview or some magazine, I don’t know, but it came to me “of course, everyone thinks like this” like, Britney Spears too, on her second or third release, already turned in a cool style, so I remember thinking everyone wanted to be more stylish.
I went to a Christina Aguilera concert before. But, at that time I was already in Morning Musume, and it was exactly when we were in the middle of rehearsals for a concert. By all means I wanted to go, but for a long time, they told me I couldn’t slip out of rehearsals, so, as soon as it ended, manager-san took me there. “Let’s go Takahashi! We can make it in time!” he said. It was in Budoukan, and the two of us got there in the middle of it, but we got really excited after buying the tickets from the concert that day. The dance teacher, and some more people were there, so it was like “Ahhh!”, meeting them there, and I even learned a lot more about concerts.
hai, then, I would like you to listen to my favorite song of her. From the album “Stripped”, please listen to Christina Aguilera in “Get mine, get yours”.

--------------------------------------

◆ Christina Aguilera - Get Mine, Get Yours

--------------------------------------


Message corner
FIVE STARS Thursdays, presented by Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai.
Now, I’d like to introduce some messages! Radio name “Hicho”-san.
“Takahashi-san, good evening! From now on I’m always looking forward to this program. I was wondering, isn’t Takahashi-san’s pronunciation of ‘FIVE STARS’ just amazing? Because you love Western music, your pronunciation got really good, right? My English pronunciation is so bad, I get so envious. From now on, too, I’ll be supporting you.”
Also, I received this from “Narinari”-san too, Thank you.
“Ai-chan, Good evening! I listened to Ai-chan’s first FIVE STARS. The first thing I thought was about how good Ai-chan’s FIVE STARS pronunciation is good. As expected, to know English just as much as you like is amazing*. On the talk, it was all about what Ai-chan liked, and Ai-chan didn’t make any mistakes, it was really easy to listen to…. Is what I was thinking, but at the end you stuttered a little, right?” Sorry *laughs “This time, what got to my attention was Ai-chan’s way of speak. I listened to it again and Ai-chan said ‘nanka (like)’ 17 times. Well then, I’m looking forward to the next program!”
Hai, thank you very much. Un, Thank you for the first mails of the program! This is something to celebrate. *laughs
Well, I’m glad! I like English a lot, and I had some lessons too, but… like, I’m taking lessons, but it’s not like I can speak it fluently, like, even the pronunciation… I can read in English with a lot of trouble, and there’s FIVE STARS’ ‘R’, so I decided to try and pronounce this R correctly, I’m happy you noticed it, thank you very much *laughs. Now, my way of speaking… I do say “like” a lot *laughs. I don’t notice it myself, but probably, when I say it, I’m putting the words on order *laughs. Well, this is now exposed.
But, about other expressions that I’ve been listening recently, there’s “Eh, ukeru~ (that’s funny)” that people seem to be using a lot. These days it was really like “there it is, again”. Also, “tashikani (indeed)”. “Ah, tashikani”, seems it’s being said so many times too.
Also, when I was listening to someone, like, the principal or someone important from the agency, “Eh, eh…” don’t they say this a lot? Like *laughs , before they say something, there’s that “Eh”. “Ah, this person, just how many times does he say this?” I remember thinking this, and then began counting.*laughs. On middle school (speeches), I gave up on counting, it took so long *laughs. At these times, when I thought “this is taking too long”, I’d just find something interesting and have fun by myself. I just remember that I’d get sleepy, so I’d do these things to kill time. Eh, that’s no good! Please don’t get sleepy while listening to me, ok? *laughs
From now on, too, I’ll work hard, so yoroshiku onegai shimasu. Hai, I want to read a lot of mails on times like this, so I’ll be waiting for your messages. The address is: five-ai@interfm.jp!


--------------------------------------

◆ Morning Musume - Osaka Umainen

--------------------------------------


--------------------------------------

◆ °C-ute - Campus Life ~ umarete kita yokatta ~

--------------------------------------

ED:
Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai presented FIVE STARS. It’s time to part now. After this talk about the pronunciation, I got so nervous when I had to say it now. Well, as usual, I’ll give my best to say it with a good pronunciation.
And, before, I talked about Christina Aguilera. It seems she’ll have a new album release in June 9th. Also, about morning musume, from June 11th (THU) to June 20th (SUN), at the “Le Theatre GINZA” there’s gonna be a play! It’s called “Fashionable” and it’s a story about the clothing business.
--------------------------
five-ai@interfm.jp
Then, let’s meet again next Thursday! Bai bai!

1 comments:

  1. AlwaysAi says

    Thanks alot for the translation..^^


Post a Comment