Takahashi Ai FIVE STARS #13 2010/07/01


Good evening! Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai here!
"Aiming for the shining stars, five groups, from Monday to Friday, presenting one daily, FIVE STARS! On Thursdays it’s being presented by me, Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai!”
So, July 1st. Well, the day is already over but it’s Akashiya Sanma’s birthday! *laughs* I’ll just take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday Sanma-san! *laughs* He’s definitely not listening right now, but I wanted to support… not support, I felt like congratulating him, so I’m saying Congratulations now! *clap*. Actually, on July 1st I’ll be on France, I won’t be able to congratulate him in person, but I’m putting my feelings into it, hoping that my best wishes will reach him *laughs*.
Now, please listen to today’s Takahashi Ai’s FIVE STARS’ first number: Morning Musume in “Seishun Collection”.

--------------------------------------------------

Morning Musume - Seishun Collection

--------------------------------------------------

Morning Musume’s Takahashi Ai presenting FIVE STARS Thursday. Now it’s a corner where I, Takahashi Ai, will recommend Music, Movies, Plays, Games, Fashion, Foreign drama, etc. that I’m most interested in at the moment.
Tonight I want to talk about Utada Hikaru. First, please listen to this song: Utada Hikaru in Automatic.

--------------------------------------------------

Utada Hikaru - Automatic

--------------------------------------------------

The song playing now is Utada Hikaru’s Automatic, but (light accent)... *laughs* I spoke with accent *laughs*, so it’s “Automatic” but, well, any Japanese knows Utada Hikaru-san. Mou~, first is how I got to know about Utada Hikaru. I was learning classic ballet, and I had classes twice a week. Then, my mom always took me there by car, and we used to listen to the radio while we were going. Then it was always playing this song. I thought “this person, is it Misia?”. I never heard of her name, and it was her debut song, so I didn’t know her at all, and was still thinking “Eh? So Misia-san released another song”. Then, My dad brought home Utada Hikaru-san’s CD that he bought. “Ah, so it wasn’t Misia! Wow, she’s really amazing!”, and she was born in 1983, so there isn’t a big age difference between us. I was born in 1986, and she was born early (on 1983), so it’s almost four years. Then, I was thinking “how… how can she have such a cool voice, and even compose her own songs, just what is this girl” and from that moment, I got into her. Actually, when I like an artist, I tend to always recommend them to people *laughs*. I was always suggesting to my friends from school, like “here, listen to this”, and it wasn’t like “how was it? Did you like it?”, but more like imposing to them *laughs*, like “and try to memorize this”, with this much strength. When I was in middle school, I joined the chorus club, and at that time, I think it was the first year, I recommended her to another girl from the chorus club, and then we would sing in harmony together. Also, I studied piano for a year, and on the classes I would have someone teach me. “You can choose any song you like”, then I “Ok, Automatic, then, please”. Nowadays I can’t play anymore but *laughs* it’s just how much I like this song.
To describe Utada Hikaru-san with one word, well I can’t say it with one word, but what I thought at the time was “even-though-she’s-so-young!”. I don’t know if even-though-she’s-so-young would classify as a single word, but it’s what I truly thought at that time, so I chose this. I think I was 13 at the time, but at the age of 12 she already had composed a song. How was she able to do a song like that at the age of 12? I really respect her for this. I didn’t have this habit of writing song lyrics at that age, maybe it was influence of the environment in which she grew up (just look on wiki, this might’ve been true). It seems Utada Hikaru-san listened to Mariah Carey since she was a little kid. I think the songs she listened had an influence on her, what if she listened to something different? I think it’d have been good if I had listened to Michael Jackson since I was little, even now I wonder about this *laughs*. Well, in the future, if I have a kid, I think I’ll have him/her listen to these rhythmical songs, maybe I’ll make him/her a singer, I dunno. I’ll see if I ever have one.
Anyway, She has many songs that I like, but there’s one from her second album “Distance”, well they’re all good songs, but there’s one that I really love, it’s called “Sunglass”. This one isn’t very known. If you ask me why I like it, it’s not because of the lyrics, but I’m the kind of person that likes songs with that kind of “mood”. Then, I used to play “the game of life” and stuff while listening to this song (note: hmm… she says jinsei geemu. I assumed at first that it was one of those simulation games, but I looked up some sites on google and it seems it’s about this game…), and I always remember it when I listen to this song *laughs*. So, I’d like you to listen to this song “Sunglass”, from the album “Distance” without delay. Ah~ but I wonder if you know this song! Every song till now that I have broadcasted? What was it called? That I had it broadcasted on this InterFM FIVE STARS, all the songs there were many people saying they knew them, so maybe you’ll know this one too. So, at once, please listen to Utada Hikaru’s Sunglass.

--------------------------------------------------

Utada Hikaru - Sunglass

--------------------------------------------------

How was it? Did you understand what I meant? Well, if you did, that’s good enough! Ehe~ ♥.
So, tonight I talked about Utada Hikaru.

-----------------------

Five Stars Thursday, presented by Morning Musume Takahashi Ai.
Now I’d like to introduce some messages:
“Ai-chan, good evening! This is my first message. ‘Egao Yes’ is my radio name and I’m always supporting Morning Musume. On June 20th, Father’s day (on Japan it’s the third Sunday of June), I went to see for the first time a play, and it was Fashionable on the last performance at Tokyo.”

Arigatou gozaimasu

“I have two children and my family knows I like Morning Musume, so they gave me a ticket to the fashionable play as a present. Being able to watch that beautiful play on Father’s day with a that I got from my wife and kids really moved me. The play, too, had parts where I couldn’t watch without shedding tears. I can’t say much because of spoilers, but Tatsumi Takurou-san playing as the father, and Ai-chan playing the daughter, father and daughter with the feel… unders…. With the feeling of understanding each other’s hopes and worries. There’s no way to express the bond between parent and child with words, but I think Ai-chan’s acting was worthy of an award.”

Arigatou gozaimasu *laughs*.

“At the end, when saying good-bye, Ai-chan said something like ‘I hope we were able to give more energy… energy and good spirit towards tomorrow for everyone who came to watch the play.’ No doubt about it, after watching the play, I really feel like working even harder from tomorrow on. To everyone that was involved in the play, thank you very much, it was moving and gave me more energy. At last, I’m sorry to take advantage of the radio to say this, but to my son, Mirai, who’s a 5th year on elementary school, my daughter Yume-chan, who’s 3 years old, and my wife, Natsuko, who took part on this too, thank you for an amazing Father’s day.”

Ara~ So lovely, this was nice! This was so nice, ne.
Well, I was doing the Fashionable play on June 20th, and my dad was at his home, so I couldn’t say “thank you” in person, but I sent a mail for father’s day… at first, I was going to send with a “congratulations”, but the members stopped me. When I said “Congratulations on Father’s day is good, right?”, they said “no way, tell him you’re grateful” *laughs*. That’s why I sent a “On Father’s day, thank you”, and then a “Papa, I love you a lot~ (papa daisuki)”. When I sent this, my dad replied *laughs* “Thank you, Ai-chan! I love you! (lol! But the I love you from ai-chan’s dad was Aishiteru, which has a stonger connotation for love, more like ‘in love’, as far as I know, it’s not normal to say this to family members)” *laughs*. My dad frequently says things like this. Like, on his birthday too, his is on September too, mine is on September 14th, so they’re close, then I send him a “Congratulations!” and his reply is always something like “Congratulations to you too, Ai-chan, Aishiteru yo!”. Why does he say aishiteru, it’s kinda creepy *laughs*. But my dad doesn’t say it directly to me, it’s definitely embarrassing for him too. Then, this mail on this FIVE STARS, saying thanks for his daughter, his kid and his wife, I think maybe Egao Yes-san (the sender) too can’t say it directly to them, I think maybe it’s something common to fathers. If I were told this directly, I’d sure be happy *laughs*, so, please say it to them personally too. And thanks for coming watch the Fashionable play. There were many adults there, like, I’ve heard things from people from the staff or something, that have a son or a daughter, many of them seem to have kids, so I heard “Maybe my daughter thinks like this too, maybe I should buy her a dress” *laughs*, “I knew they were like this”, I was glad they thought like this after the play. Also, when I got the script and read it, I cried a lot at some parts of it, and I was so troubled if I would be able to convey these parts well, and Egao Yes-san, for thinking like this, I’m the one who should be grateful. *laughs*
The Fashionable play has already ended, but after it ended, I really thought of giving my family and my friends more importance, so, Egao Yes-san, let’s do this together *laughs*
Really, thank you very much.

I’ll be waiting for a lot of messages, like trouble consultations, things you’d like to ask me, and etc. please send a lot of them! The address is five-ai@interfm.jp!

--------------------------------------------------

Morning Musume - Tomo

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

T-Pistonz+KMC - Genki ni nari~yo!

--------------------------------------------------

ED talk:
Morning Musume’s Takahashi Ai presented FIVE STARS. It’s time to part ways. Today I talked about Utada Hikaru-san, and on the middle of it I was remembering some nostalgic stories. I’m glad I was able to talk about her.

E-mail five-ai@interfm.jp
H!P 2010 Summer Fan Kora (Collaboration).
“This means a collaboration with the fans, it’s something different from everything until now. Every day it’s going to be different! It’s going to be hard on us! *laughs* And to the fans that will come see us too! *laughs* Really, if you go one day, tomorrow will be different, so, by all means, if you could come not only one time, but two, three? More? It would make us happy!”
“Starting next week, we’ll have a little change on five stars!
Baiba~i”

0 comments:

Post a Comment